...Homemade Rainbows...


Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ginger Beer

Well remember all those lemons left from my limoncello?
I said they were going to a good cause and would not be wasted, and true to my word, they weren't.About 5 or 6 weeks ago I started a ginger beer "bug" and all their lovely juice went into this finished product.

A naturally brewed Ginger Beer. Just moderately effervescent.....quite nice. And a rather good Father's Day present apparently. I have requests for more.
I was quite chuffed to crack a bottle and watch it fizz up inside.
I used this recipe from the Green Man. This made about 24 stubby sized bottles. It's a favourite treat of the girls now. I think it would become a stronger brew the subsequent times around but seeing as I don't need my home overcome with empty bottles right now I didn't halve the plant and start my next batch. When I do start a second batch, from scratch, I am going to double the amounts of ginger as personally I think it needs a stronger hit...just in time for some sizzling summer cool downs.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Oh my YUMMY YUMMY! So much inspiration over here...I wonder if you could lend me some time?

Pip said...

Looks good. I made ginger beer last summer, it was so refreshing on a hot summer day. I put extra ginger in mine because like you I thought it needed more zing.
Pip

Levin said...

wow - is it very alcoholic? i think it sounds yummy - perhaps i should try and make some.
l
x