...Homemade Rainbows...


Monday, September 15, 2008

Sunday afternoon...

We've had a weekend full of time in the garden; time at my machine; popping out and about, and two gorgeous gorgeous lingering dinners (outside of course) with good friends.
On Sunday there were some moments of extra peace where Mia and I stole away to the kitchen to make some banana bread we had ripe narnies stashed away in the freezer for.

I do need to get a new loaf tin. I always seem to prepare to bake loaves and remember as I reach for my tin that it has long been discarded, well used and just too rusty. So our banana bread mutated into equally delicious muffin sized "loaves".

They were eaten, again outside, straight from the oven with their heat biting little fingers as the papers were removed.... but no one was bothered....their crunchy sticky tops were just too delicious...


This has to be the easiest banana bread I have ever baked. Of course not the healthiest but what cakes are in all reality? That's why they are "treats" isn't it? So good

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Delicious! I love banana bread. Wish the rest of my fam loved it as much as me. I too have issues with my pans. For as much baking I do, I think I should have a better selection. I make do and fudge recipes all the time for lack of "proper" sized pans.

I'll have to try your yummy sounding recipe... I've never made one without added oil or butter (my version is truly unhealthy!) Will you tell me what is SR flour?