...Homemade Rainbows...


Friday, September 19, 2008

:::For the birds:::

The flock is gathering on Sunday to celebrate that very special little bird lover who has just turned one.

Preparations are being made with just some excitement...though the little guest of honour has little idea.

Birthday crowns....

A special keepsake box to house every guest's written wishes and messages for the future....

Bird mobiles....

Cake planning....

Pinatas.....

Transforming the "painting wall" into a birthday art wall for everyone,

and.... just returning from a trip to my latest discovery, our local continental delicatessen, with delightful rich and indulgent cheeses for the grown up guests. My goodness that place is a hidden gem! I walked through the door, lined outside with wicker baskets full of pasta and organic tomatoes, and was transferred into a world packed to the rafters with every treat I could dream of...all to the sounds of gorgeous 40's music. I could have plopped myself in the corner of that small dark heaven easily for the day or longer, forgetting the bustle and bitumen outside and just looked and listened.

Rog if you're reading this I think I'm going to have to put aside a little of the blue cheese just for us in a place safe from the other cheese lovers! Is that naughty?

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

What a perfect sounding celebration full of memorable ideas. I love the bird theme.

That continental delicatessen sounds amazing-thanks for transporting me for a moment also.

Enjoy the day and the treats!