...Homemade Rainbows...


Friday, May 9, 2008

So....

There is still sewing happening here I promise. Well...a little anyway.
And not just by me!

So cute. When I was excavating old "stuff" recently I found this little gem from my childhood. My Holly Hobby machine. How I loved this! And it really sewed.
We haven't tried it with batteries yet. Unfortunately it is quite rusty now but the mechanism still moves around fine by hand. The needle is a bit too blunt for fabric but has been sewing paper no problem. Mia has been honing her seamstress skills and it has had pride of place on her little table since it was resurrected to the land of the living once more.

As for my sewing, well, I haven't been posting photo's because I have mainly been sewing a few gifts (while the garden has been taking centre stage). Once they have been given I will probably post some pics safely then.

2 comments:

Sherrin said...

What an awesome little machine! I love it! I'd love to see your little one's creations! :o)

Vi said...

What a cute machine!! :-) Looking forward to seeing the gifts you have been making!! Wish I could find my sewing mojo again.

My mosaic has a special place in the dining room. :-)