...Homemade Rainbows...


Sunday, May 18, 2008

:::Habitat Day:::

Scents of cinnamon and honey broke into my dreams this morning and I woke to the reality of warm freshly baked WHO bread for breakfast. Delicious. Some hot tea, fruit...pear, banana and home grown papaya... and a very quick icy dash to the garden for some mint and we spoiled ourselves with a delicious home baked breaky before heading out early into the cold windy morning.
It's Habitat Brisbane Day today and we strolled down to our "park" to join in with our local bush care group. First we enjoyed a great wildlife show. One of the stars below. I had to include this picture as this pythons markings are just so stunning.
We were lucky to view and touch turtles, bandicoots, sugar gliders (my very favourites....I remember a wonderful weekend at The Mouses House with Hubby where we spent the evening sitting out in the cold with red wine and a rather large number of possums and sugar gliders, even climbing on our hands, that came from everywhere in the rainforest. Gorgeous animals!), and a barking owl in addition to two pythons.
We then joined in with some re vegetative planting!
and mulching......
Now every time we walk to the park, and across our little bridge, we can watch the plants and trees we planted grow.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Sounds like a lovely day! And the homegrown papaya? I'm jealous. Some day I'll have to try this WHO bread I keep hearing about...

Leanne said...

oops should clarify....yummy home grown papaya grown at a neighbours house....I'm still awaiting my trees fruit! ;)

Vi said...

oh what a lovely day!! :-) Okay I really think it's time I try that "WHO Bread" recipe.

Vi