...Homemade Rainbows...


Saturday, July 5, 2008

A little fun fulfillment....

With all the action outside lately and just life's business in general, my sewing machine has been in a position to gather a little moss. I've been itching to do some sewing for a while and well, with the drizzly weather today, all outside happenings have been forced on hold.
So, sitting on my table is some vintage fabric and some re purposed very cute floral fabric, partly planned and partly cut out for a little fun sewing project...just enough to fulfill my need. We (well not "we" but the family) are expecting an exciting new addition in the form of a baby girl later this year and who is better to create something for than a little babe.

And I also get to use another new favourite thing....my needle wallet, made by Mum. I just had to show it off.

Now if I can only stop procrastinating I may have something to show off by the end of the weekend.

What a contradiction I am....to be itching to sew and then procrastinating when I have the most opportune time while Bam is asleep and Mia is occupied and snuggled up...maybe that's it, I want to just snuggle into nothingness while it's raining too?

Nope, I'm off to sew.....happy weekend all.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Pretty needle card!
And I can relate all too well with the itching to do something creative and then the procrastinating. I've been having too much of that lately. But my babe's now resting so I'm going to turn that sewing machine on and maybe even make something!

Gill - That British Woman said...

That is a lovely needle card, you're very talented.

Gill from Canada