...Homemade Rainbows...


Thursday, January 29, 2009

to while the days....

Things have changed for our little family this week.
My girl is off exploring new horizons and experiences.
It's been a bit quieter during my day here... and to be honest I'm a bit lost.
I've been watching the clock.... and I'm looking forward to the weekend already.
I think it's another lesson in balance for me.

I've decided in my "lostness" to this week just allow myself to while my days away....but despite my permission humorously it seems I can only while my days away with something to do.

So a planned trip was made, to the one person I know with all the goods and impressive stores of bits and pieces....enough to keep anyone who needs to while some time away very very busy - Mum.

I came home with all I needed to satisfy some serious crochet craving that, probably quite ridiculously, has been haunting me most of the Summer.

A simple refresher and I'm on my way today busily ch'ing, sc'ing, dc'ing, counting and then sometimes pulling it all back out again....but I still watch the clock of course.

And then soon tonight the silence will be gone. The girl will again fill the house with life and spirit and wildness, and Mama will dish out food and baths and stories and cuddles.... light candles and burn oils to imbue calm and peaceful dreams.

Then maybe just like last night I will then wearily look for sleep to find sweet gifts gently and thoughtfully placed by my bed.....reminding me why I'm watching the clock and trying to while these first new days away......


7 comments:

Madeline said...

Do you feel like you're missing an arm when she's away? That's how I feel when my little guy isn't with me. Can't wait to see what you're crocheting!

Jodi said...

i get teary just thinking of che heading off to school. im thinking of you!

Amber said...

What a sweet post. I have held onto my little man for a little longer. It must be hard and lonely.
You are one brave and beautiful mummy...xx

Sabrina said...

I remember so well that pit in my stomach when each of my children has gone away from me for the first time. I find it hard to be as productive as I like (or should be) when I'm spending my time thinking of them. Good for you to take up some crochet. Can't wait to see what you make!

Tammy said...

It's hard for me, too, when my children are away from me. Just feels as though life is not quite right...

Handwork has been a blessing to me. I love crocheting and am trying to love knitting, too.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness! How very sweet and poetic, it brought tears to my eyes. You pin-pointed the same feelings I feel when my little ladies are away.

Levin said...

my little boy starts school tomorrow :(
i will miss him lots and lots.
there will be no crocheting for me though as it is way too hot here to go anywhere near wool!!!
l
x