...Homemade Rainbows...


Friday, June 4, 2010

il sole

The sun was shining this morning.
Bright uninterrupted streams of warm light from a cloudless sky.
It feels like forever since we have had a clear day like this and I decided to lap it up.
I hung my washing on the line just knowing I will bring it in tonight smelling of light, with that crisp slight stiffness of being dried outdoors and that it just may still be warm when I plunge my hands into the bottom of the basket to pull it back out and fold it all.

The boy and I sat outside on the day bed on the front verandah, chasing the sun in the north, to drink our tea.
His chamomile, mine lemon myrtle.
Him swinging on my legs and me reading my gardening books.

Both enjoying the view to the garden and the streams of sun shining within it.

13 comments:

Tricia said...

Sounds absolutely lovely.

Can you send some of the sunshine this way? I love your new winter header - those mud handprints are delightful.

Re the top garden bed from my post - it was a bed of scented plants. To be honest all I recall was lavender in that bed. The large draping plant was geranium-like.

Enjoy that sunshine while it lasts :-)

cumquats said...

I can almost feel the warm blessing of the day. Thank you. Kim :)

Amanda said...

Sounds perfectly peaceful!

shine little light* said...

Beautiful! Please send me some sunshine! *s*

karen said...

sounds just perfect:)

Phyllis said...

Beautiful post of a beautiful day. Thanks for sharing it with us.
-Phyllis

Emma Perry said...

oh yes, there is nothing like the smell of washing dried on the line in the fresh air. Even more enviable on a day like today, with the threat of rain hanging in the air.

enjoy!

Kristi said...

Enjoy your peace.

Madeline said...

Beautiful. I just love how light looks so warm and inviting in the winter.

Stephanie said...

sigh

:)

Patricia said...

What a lovely day :)
Enjoy the moments!

Julie said...

ahh sounds so good

Sabrina said...

Sounds like a day of perfection to me! I can't get enough of being out of doors lately.