...Homemade Rainbows...


Tuesday, April 14, 2009

left at the olive grove

Take a left turn at the olive grove and you will find yourself in a little pocket of gum trees.... where the clouds touch and blanket the tops of the mountains and the mountains dip their feet into icy rivers.

You will find yourself successfully lost..... your worries cleared with the evaporating mists at sunrise....your soul soaring and singing along with the chorus of kookaburras and lorikeets at dawn.

You will find yourself visited by bandicoots who think nothing of foraging at your feet as you soak up the campfire in the inky blackness....and brush tail possums who seem to drop from the trees like ninjas to rob you of apples and hot cross buns you foolishly left out on the camp table.
You will find however they are not such ruthless thieves when they return the next night allowing you to tickle their soft fur as they opportunistically steal more scraps from your bin.

You will find the irresistible need to dip your toes in the fresh flowing river water and to sit and listen to it's gentle drumming as it courses over smooth rocks and boulders. It's purposeful course becoming transfixing in the most purifying way.

















I feel strong again....healed and awakened.
My body restored simply by what it craved the most.....miso soup.....a great camping tonic.....
My spirit and my family uplifted by what it needed the most.....nature, quiet and escape....an earthy grounding that has left my feet more than a little itchy for more.


We found just what we were looking for and more left of the olive grove.
And the Easter bilby found us too.


We have returned home with tired bodies, our hair smelling thickly of camp fire, and dirt....so much dirt, beneath our nails and in our pores......and just a big part of me that doesn't want to scrub and wash it out just yet.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Well don't you just make me wanna go left of the olive grove!!
What a glorious time. That nature healing is totally unique.

Owl and Fox said...

I feel refreshed just reading your words and seeing your gorgeous pictures :)

Anonymous said...

i say jsut leave that dirt there a few more days. let it sink into your blood and bones becoming a part of you forever.

lovely post. gorgeous photos. i envy you. that place. that experience. heaven.ly .

Stephanie said...

How beautiful.
All of it.
I can't wait for more.

Tammy said...

What a beautiful and calming post this is. I love the photos of the feet. And that bunny with the scarf is pretty darn darling. :)

This was a real treat to see and read this morning.

Amber said...

Oh Leanne, HOw gorgeous. That place looks beautiful. You sound perfectly rejunvinated and happy. I am so delighted you had a great time. Your photo's are so so so beautiful. I always love coming here....xxxx

Levin said...

sounds like a perfect time away and i don't blame you one bit for wanting to keep the memories alive. i love the camp fire smell - and much as i love showers, there is something wonderful about having dirt under your nails.
l
x

Unknown said...

easter camping holidays ... fond memories, I have many.

Donna said...

nothing like a wonderful camping holiday to reconnect with yourself and your family. Love the photos too.

Sabrina said...

Your words leave me thinking I was almost there myself. I'm breathing deep sighs of contentment seeing these pretty photos and hearing your beautiful description of this magical place. I'm looking forward to our own camping adventure...soon... oh but not soon enough.

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Oh how lovely. And I love miso soup :) Yumm!

Lisa said...

Such an amazing post, once again! I have no idea what a bandicoot is, I have to look that one up.

onegoldensun said...

Such lovely images. Those darling toesies! Sounds like a wonderful time.